- Field personal – helpers, drillers, pump installers, utility workers
- Sales / Marketing
- Project manager
Entry Level Civil Engineer/ Construction Manager
A.C. Schultes of Carolina, Inc – Rocky Point, NC
A.C. Schultes of Carolina, Inc. (ACSC) is a general contractor that focuses on water well construction and utility construction. The company has been in business for nearly 100 years and we are looking forward to many more. ACSC is currently looking for a new full time entry level civil engineer or construction manager. ACSC offers competitive salaries, vacation, full benefits, 401K and profit-sharing. Please see below for a brief outline of prerequisites required for this position and also a list of daily tasks expected to be completed.
- Must have a degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management.
- Water and Wastewater construction experience is preferred but not required.
- Minor Survey experience is preferred but not required.
- Candidate must be able to communicate with field crews, engineers and customers.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
- Must be organized and have the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to work closely with others.
- Candidate will be required to complete a minimum of 1 year field training work on construction projects to gain the necessary construction experience.
- Candidate must be willing to travel and live away (primarily NC/ SC).
- Must be hard working and punctual.
- Issue PO’s to suppliers and subcontractors.
- Oversee construction activities on projects.
- Compose and maintain construction project schedules.
- Schedule subcontractors and material delivery.
- Survey site elevations.
- Calculate and order construction material for projects.
- Estimating for construction bids.
- Become proficient in reading and interpreting construction plans and specifications.
- Schedule/ attend progress meetings with customers, engineers and subcontractors.
- Become familiar with equipment operation and capabilities.
- Optimize efficiency for field crews and subcontractors.
- Understand and follow OSHA safety standards (trench safety, confined space, etc.)
- Compose and complete monthly pay estimates for billing purposes.
Above is a brief list of the daily tasks and prerequisites required for this position. If you meet this criteria and are interested in joining this team, please provide a resume! Please check out our website for more information on A.C. Schultes of Carolina company and team! www.acschultesnc.com
Thank you for your time, we look forward to hearing from you.
Job Type: Full-time
Find your next great career opportunity at A.C. Schultes of Carolina, Inc.